Effective as of March 2, 2023.
1. Personal information we collect
2. How we use your personal information
3. How we share your personal information
4. Your choices
5. Other sites and services
7. International data transfers
10. How to contact us
Personal information we collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Site or otherwise includes:
- User-provided data such as information you submit when you contact us through the Site, including your contact details (e.g., first and last name, email address, professional title and company name, and phone number) and your questions, comments and other information you choose to submit.
- Marketing and communications data, such as your preferences for receiving communications from us, such as newsletters and other marketing communications, and information you share when you engage with them.
- Job applicant data, such as your contact details, resume/CV, employment history, links to your social media sites (e.g., LinkedIn), visa status, and any other information you may provide when you submit a job application to us through the Site.
Third-party sources. If you submit a job application through the Site, we may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as our third-party talent management platform, recruitment consultants, social media platforms (e.g., LinkedIn), background check providers, and public records.
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Site, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Site, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times and duration of access, and whether you have opened our emails or clicked links within them.
- Location data when you authorize the Site to access your device’s location.
- Communication interaction data such as your interactions with our email or other communications (e.g., whether you open and/or forward emails) – we may do this through use of pixel tags (which are also known as clear GIFs), which may be embedded invisibly in our emails.
Cookies and similar technologies. Some of the automatic collection described above is facilitated by the following technologies:
- Cookies, which are small text files that websites store on user devices and that allow web servers to record users’ web browsing activities and remember their submissions, preferences, and login status as they navigate a site. Cookies used on our sites include both “session cookies” that are deleted when a session ends, “persistent cookies” that remain longer, “first party” cookies that we place and “third party” cookies that our third-party business partners and service providers place.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
Site delivery and operations. We may use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Site and our business;
- personalizing the service, including remembering your selections and preferences as you navigate the Site;
- communicate with you about the Site, including by sending Site-related announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Site and our communications; and
- provide support for the Site, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Recruitment. If you submit a job application to us through the Site, we may use your personal information for purposes of analyzing and evaluating your credentials and fit for a role within our organization.
Research, development and analytics. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Site and our business and to develop new products and services. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified and/or anonymized data from personal information we collect. We may use this aggregated, de-identified or otherwise anonymized data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes.
Marketing and advertising. We, our service providers and our third-party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes:
- Direct marketing. We may send you direct marketing communications and may personalize these messages based on your needs and interests. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out of marketing section below.
- choices section, below.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas, investigations or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements or our internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Site; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
With your consent. In some cases, we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
Cookies and similar technologies. In addition to the other uses included in this section, we may use the Cookies and similar technologies described above for the following purposes:
- Technical operation. To allow the technical operation of the Site.
- Functionality. To enhance the performance and functionality of our services.
- Advertising. To help our third-party advertising partners collect information about how you use the Site and other online services over time, which they use to show you ads on other online services they believe will interest you and measure how the ads perform.
- Analytics. To help us understand user activity on the Site, including which pages are most and least visited and how visitors move around the Site, as well as user interactions with our emails. For example, we use Google Analytics for this purpose. You can learn more about Google Analytics and how to prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our sites here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
How we share your personal information
Service providers. Third parties that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Site or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, marketing, consumer research and website analytics).
Recruitment partners. If you submit a job application through the Site, we may share your personal information with third-party partners, including our third-party talent management platform provider, recruitment consultants and background check providers.
Third parties designated by you. We may share your personal information with third parties where you have instructed us or provided your consent to do so.
Advertising partners. Third-party advertising companies for the interest-based advertising purposes described above.
Business and marketing partners. Third parties with whom we co-sponsor events or promotions, with whom we jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be of interest to you.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the Compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees. We may disclose personal information in the context of actual or prospective business transactions (e.g., investments in Rezo, financing of Rezo, public stock offerings, or the sale, transfer or merger of all or part of our business, assets or shares), for example, we may need to share certain personal information with prospective counterparties and their advisers. We may also disclose your personal information to an acquirer, successor, or assignee of Rezo as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of assets, or similar transaction, and/or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which personal information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
contacting us. Please note that if you choose to opt-out of marketing-related emails, you may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.Opt-out of communications. You may opt-out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by
Cookies. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Site may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. You can also configure your device to prevent images from loading to prevent web beacons from functioning.
Blocking images/clear gifs: Most browsers and devices allow you to configure your device to prevent images from loading. To do this, follow the instructions in your particular browser or device settings.
Advertising choices. You may be able to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising through the following settings/options/tools:
- Browser settings. Changing your internet web browser settings to block third-party cookies.
- Privacy browsers/plug-ins. Using privacy browsers and/or ad-blocking browser plug-ins that let you block tracking technologies.
- Platform settings. Google and Facebook offer opt-out features that let you opt-out of use of your information for interest-based advertising. You may be able to exercise that option at the following websites:
- Ad industry tools. Opting out of interest-based ads from companies that participate in the following industry opt-out programs:
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- Digital Advertising Alliance: optout.aboutads.info.
You will need to apply these opt-out settings on each device and browser from which you wish to limit the use of your information for interest-based advertising purposes.
We cannot offer any assurances as to whether the companies we work with participate in the opt-out programs described above.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory, we may not be able to provide those services.
Other sites and services
The Site may contain links to websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites, mobile applications or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites, mobile applications and online services you use.
We employ technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Site is not intended for use by anyone under 18 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian of a child from whom you believe we have collected personal information in a manner prohibited by law, please contact us. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Site from a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will comply with applicable legal requirements to delete the information.
How to contact us
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Rezo Therapeutics, Inc.
455 Mission Bay Blvd South
San Francisco, CA 94158
- Phone: 650-704-5577