About Rezo Therapeutics
Rezo is a different kind of biopharma company. Our mission is to dramatically increase the success rate of drug development by building a disease-agnostic, fully-integrated, network biology platform that will redefine our understanding of human disease and ability to treat it.
Our Founders and members of the Board are a group of esteemed, world-class scientists from the University of California, San Francisco: Nevan Krogan, Kevan Shokat, Sourav Bandyopadhyay, Natalia Jura, as well as renowned biotech executives George Scangos and Norbert Bischofberger. These leaders bring with them a strong track record of amazing discoveries and scientific breakthroughs, leading to very successful companies and many FDA approved drugs.
Capitalizing on our Series A of $78M from top-tier investors, we are leveraging a unique integrated approach, combining capabilities in genetics, proteomics, structural biology and AI to generate deep biological insights and novel therapeutic approaches.
Located in San Francisco’s vibrant Mission Bay neighborhood, Rezo is in close proximity to UCSF, numerous urban amenities, and outdoor recreational opportunities. We recognize that realizing our mission depends as much on our people as it does on our science and are building a workplace that fosters collaboration, respect, and diversity where contributing to your team’s success is valued as highly as individual achievements. If you’re passionate about team science and breaking down barriers to progress in drug development, please consider joining us!
We are seeking a highly enthusiastic and motivated Scientist to join our Proteomics team. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of state-of-the-art mass spectrometers and software to analyze complex data. In this role you will act as the conduit between analytical execution, structural biology and chemoproteomics. Becoming a member of this team is an excellent opportunity to join Rezo at an early stage and help build the Platform function and the company from the ground up.
What You’ll Do:
- Operate and maintain a growing suite of state-of-the art LCMS instrumentation (timsTOF HT, Orbitrap QE+, Evosep One, I-Class)
- Method development in data acquisition types (DIA, DDA, MIDIA) and sample preparation for sensitivity and reproducibility
- Work collaboratively across verticals with different teams and team members ranging from process automation, chemoproteomics, and structural biology
- Independently design, oversee, and perform wet lab proteomic experiments for affinity purification, cross-linking mass spectrometry and chemoproteomics
- Maintain and organize metadata for raw, processed, and sample tracking
- Apply bioinformatics, including search algorithms and post-processed scoring tools to the analysis of large proteomic datasets
- Present own research updates with other team members and stay current within the field
- Keep detailed records of experimental protocols, data, and results
- Communicate and collaborate across a diverse interdisciplinary team
- PhD in proteomics, chemical biology, molecular biology, or related field with 0-2 years of industry experience or MS with 6+ years of proteomics-based mass spectrometry experience
- Interpersonal skills with an ability to interact effectively with diverse colleagues is required
- Experience in operating and maintaining timsTOF and Orbitrap mass spectrometers and liquid chromatography
- Deep understanding of how and when to perform various data acquisition schemas including DDA, DIA and PRM; Proven ability to optimize data acquisition for maximum performance
- Demonstrated ability in critically analyzing proteomic datasets and using established software platforms (Spectronaut, MaxQuant, Skyline, DIA-NN, or others)
- Eager to tackle difficult scientific challenges with a multidisciplinary mindset; Ability to communicate successes and shortcomings of methods and results to other groups
- Able to learn, design, and assist in the development of new protocols and technologies at a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously is required
- Team player who thrives in a collaborative team setting
Compensation at Rezo
The expected starting salary range for this position based in San Francisco, California is $104,000 – $145,000. Actual starting salary will be determined based on multiple job-related factors including a candidate’s skills, education, and experience, the level at which they are hired, market demand, business needs, and internal parity. This role is eligible for participation in our Annual Discretionary Bonus Plan (based on individual and company performance) and our Equity Incentive Plan, subject to the terms of those plans and associated policies. This position is also eligible for the benefits detailed below.
Benefits at Rezo
Medical (HMO or PPO), dental, and vision insurance
Discretionary time off policy
Company holidays (including summer and winter shutdown)
401(k) retirement savings program
Commuter / Mass Transit Benefit Program
Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Dependent care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Flexible work schedule
At Rezo we value a diverse, equitable, inclusive workplace and provide equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. This statement covers all facets of employment and is especially important when it comes to growing our team.
If you are wondering if you’ll belong at Rezo, or are worried that you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications for this role, take a chance on us and yourself — please apply!
SF Fair Chance Ordinance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Rezo considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.